Monday, January 2, 2012

2011, The Year in Review...

As the new year of 2012 begins I'm taking a look back at some of my favorite posts of 2011. 

I began the year finishing my "30 Posts in 30 Days" to remember the 30th anniversary of dad's death.  It was bittersweet, yet awesome.

My son came home on leave from Iraq


My brother-in-law Joe, drew up our preliminary house plans for our barn house



This was just too funny not to share - my brother had business cards made (he's truly one of a kind and I just love him)...




Just for fun, we had some picnics on the property - can't wait to do more in 2012!



We celebrated mom's birthday with a wonderful long girl's weekend in Oregon




I took some cooking lessons from The Pioneer Woman.  I'm not so sure she'd be proud...



I lost an old friend..


My son came home from Iraq.  This made me very happy and made my life so much more peaceful.

We started planning for the Third Annual Hillbilly Gatherin'.   This will far out-do the 2 previous.  Just wait until you see what we have planned!


Some "mystery friends" left us a Christmas gift at the property.


and, Adam got a tattoo.  I haven't posted about that yet, but will.  Not that it will be news any longer, but I want to have record of it on my blog.


As I look back on 2011, I'd have to use the word "interesting."  We had the house on the market most of the year.  I hated that.  We had the property and Ival spent every spare minute up there enjoying it - I loved that.  Our youngest turned 18 - I have mixed feelings about that.  I can't believe that in just 6 months, we could potentially be "empty nesters."  It's a whole new chapter in the life of a mother.  We spend all of our time taking care of our kids and husbands - they are our top priority, as they should be.  What the hell will I do with myself!?

I've made new friends, and "divorced" some family members.  Not that I wanted to, but some relationships are just toxic and I guess we needed a break from each other.  I hope that eventually these relationships can be mended because family means so much to me.  But until then, life will be more peaceful and I don't hold a grudge.

Well, thanks for coming along for the ride.  I'm so grateful for all of you and look forward to an interesting and exciting new year! 

2 comments:

Dee said...

A good brief memory log. THIS year you WILL sell your house and get started on the new one !!!!! 2012 will be a good one !

HAPPY 2012 !

kate said...

Yep, 2012 is going to be your year!