Thursday, March 24, 2011

Preliminary Barnhouse Drawings...

My brother-in-law Joe, drew up these "rough" drafts of the house plan.  They are the second set actually, the first set came after an evidently sleepless night of "drink."  That set had a built-in gun safe, a built in meat locker and walk-in beer cooler.  I think he was planning on moving in with Elmer.

We've decided to leave off the computer room and will take the bathtub out of the master bath - we'll save some money by having only one tub.  I'm not sure what all the "food storage" area is for - I know we're expecting Armageddon in 2012, but since we don't have a bunker, I'm thinking food storage isn't going to be much help.

So here's our simple barn house (double click the picture to make it big enough to see).  Thanks FBNL!   I love the "big ass doors" in front.

You like?

9 comments:

Sheri said...

Love it!!

kate said...

Ha! That turd; I think he was planning on moving in with Ival! You'd better watch your back!

But wow, I LOOOOVE it!! That is so exciting!!

Casey said...

I do like! What are you going to do with the space in the peak of the roof area? Will the living area be vaulted, or will you have storage upstairs? (Perhaps for more food, because you clearly do not have enough food storage.)

So...if it was me, I might consider screening part of the porch so you could have a summer-time outdoor bedroom. :-) I've always thought those sounded totally awesome.

Jodi said...

Great idea Casey! We'll have to decide which part would be best screened in - maybe the front part to help cover the "big ass doors." Yep, I like that.

kate said...

Oh yeah!! A friend and I were *just* talking about outdoor beds. Coolest idea EVER. Our grandma had a sleeping porch and it was a heavenly place to sleep. Jod, I swear if you do that, I seriously am moving in with you.

Jodi said...

I remember sleeping on that porch Kate and I loved it, but was usually terrified that during the night someone was going to open the screen door and steal me. Or worse yet, stand outside the screened porch and stare at me.

jaci said...

I *like*. And the 10x10 pantry... to DIE for. But I like to can & make jelly/jam. Has nothing to do with fears of Apocalypse (most canned food doesn't have that great of a shelf life anyway) - just something I *like* to do. When I have time. Which isn't now...

Jodi said...

Jaci, funny thing is, I hate to cook! I figure I use the pantry as an extra bedroom for when the grandkids come over. How are you doing/feeling?

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

I love the floor plan! Especially all the storage. That porch will be awesome, too!