Friday, March 25, 2011

Finally, it WAS the Governor!

My sister Linda used to own a store in Meridian called Water and Wood.  She had some really fun things in that store.  She would often call me and ask "Guess who just came into the store?!" and for some reason, the first time she called, I said, "the Governor?"

So, every time she called after that, it was always my reply.  Usually, it was someone we hadn't seen for years.  So now, Linda lives in Portland and works at 7 D's Nursery.

A few minutes ago she called and said, "Guess who just came into the store!?"  My reply of course was the same as it's always been.  I could tell she was grinning just by the sound of her voice.  "YES!"  then she went on to say, "I've been waiting for 11 years to be able to say that!"

Of course I had to find a picture of him for this post, you know how visual I am. He looks like a mighty fine Governor...

4 comments:

Dee said...

OMG----the Governor !

I am so proud that you knew who he was, Linda.

What did he want, what did he buy, did you wait on him?

Richard said...

Fantastic blog! Best wishes to a nice family!

kate said...

Haha! I love it!

He and his wife (and their son) used to come in to Migrations a lot! They have a house on the beach at Neskowin.

He's a hunk of burnin' love.

Dee said...

for some reason, this blog just tickles me sooo---. You girls have these funnies running thru the years---you can pick up right where you left off.