Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Homemade Christmas Cards... Day 8/30

Dad enjoyed drawing Christmas cards. Here are a few examples that he did in the late 60s...

This first one wasn't actually a Christmas card but it's a beautiful silhouette.



I don't really remember dad ever going to church, but he must have been spiritual. Several of the papers I've found that he wrote refer in some way to the wildlife and environment that was created by someone greater than he, and as I posted these two cards below, I noticed that each have the Christmas star in them. I like that.




If I ever sent out Christmas cards, I'd have that middle one done. Maybe next year...

9 comments:

kate said...

That middle one's my favorite too. Love the idea of hauling a christmas tree home on horse-back.

Dee said...

For a city boy, he sure slipped into cowboy life easily. He loved to ride and enjoyed the "outback" journeys when he could load up the hose and sleeping bag and ride and camp. Cooking over an open fire, everything in 2 inches of lard, he thought he was the best cook in the country.
That was vacation to him. Life just didn't get any better.

Dee said...

I mean HORSE.
these darn long fingernails !

Sheri said...

I am just loving reading about your Dad....thanks for sharing. I also love the new look!

jaci said...

I love all of the artwork you've posted Jodi. Your dad was so gifted.

I'm loving all of your reminisces.

Jodi said...

Sheri, Jaci, it's been such a joy to go through all of dad's stuff and see the old drawings, notes and letters. I'm so glad that between us all, we kept so much of his personality alive. He was such a goof!

bluemesametalarts said...

Hi, I'm a metal artist and was wondering if you would be okay with us cutting out a couple of these designs? They are beautiful. We would be glad to send you copies as well.

-Liz

Jodi said...

Hello Bluemesametalarts, I would love to talk to you more about this. Do you have an email address you can send me? Or, send me a Facebook message I'm under Jodi Pogue Turner. I look forward to hearing from you.

bluemesametalarts said...

Jodi....Sorry it took a while to reply....been busy...As we said we like the silhouettes your Father left and think they would make great metal cuttings....Email is bluemesametalarts@gmai.com.....anxious to here from you......BMMA