Thursday, December 2, 2010

Baby Steps...

Until we sell our house here in Hidden Springs, we can't build on our 13 acres up the road. It's hard to be patient but so far we've done pretty well. However, I can't stop thinking about things we can possibly do until the house is sold. We have to get Elmer's brother up here to help us decide where to actually put the house when we can build because I have several ideas for the property. One of the first things we can do until the house can go up is to build a home for the chickens and I think I've found the perfect chicken coop!



Pretty cool huh! Now I can't wait until spring. I want to have one animal that will have free range of the entire property and from the research I've been doing, I think this will be it...



Miniature donkeys make great pets and I think the grandkids would love it. Moonshine Meadows in Middleton has some cute babies for sale!

Beautiful home in Hidden Springs for sale! Here's the tour link

5 comments:

kate said...

Oh my god, that baby donkey is ADORABLE!!! Anna is SO going to want to come live with you! How will you keep him from a) escaping and b) becoming a coyote/wolf snack?

That chicken coop is beautiful! Looks like there will be plenty of room for mom when the time comes.

JACKI said...

LMAO @ Kate! Grama is going to HURT you!!!

Mom... that chicken coop IS pretty cool!!!

Dee said...

Kate, you have just been UNINVITED in January !


If I'm in there I will have chicken for dinner EVERY Sunday, right after church is over in my "cathedral".



my word is egattic or ----egg attic. My home.

Dee said...

That is a darling donkey ! his face looks familiar---someone I know, ummmmmmmm
oh, I know, my youngest child.


and that is one fancy chicken house and run. they're gunna love you !

kate said...

Ha! Thanks mom, I AM darling, aren't I?

And anyway, that's more like a yurt, than a chicken coop. A beautiful yurt with lots of windows. And chickens.