Sunday, November 27, 2011

2012 Dutch Oven Clinic and Hillbilly Gatherin'...

Well, the opportunity was just too good to pass up.  Our friends Butch (Cee Dub) and his wife Penny will be in town in April and May and asked me to reserve the Hidden Springs Barn for them to do a couple of 2-day Dutch Oven cooking clinics.  My brain started going and so I called Butch this morning and first, told them happy Thanksgiving, then asked if I could encroach on one of their Saturday nights to hold the Hillbilly Gatherin'. 



We'll be raising money for Wish Granters - they grant wishes to local area adults who are terminally ill.  Doug was my old boss at Wishing Star and started this organization just last year.  Being a fledgling non-profit, they really need a boost and we're going to give it to them.  Penny is also a breast cancer survivor and thought this was a great opportunity for she and Butch as well.



This year though, I'm going to try to find help.  If I'm going to do an event to raise money, I want to make sure I raise lots of money.  I'm going to put together some "committees."  Reallly, you can never have too many committees can you?



So, save the date - Saturday night April 14th.  And, if you'd like to sign up for one of Cee Dub's clinics, go here and then click on appearances and clinics.  Down at the bottom of the page are the dates for the Hidden Springs clinics. (Be sure to take a long look at those rolls on his home page - can't you just smell them!)  



YUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

7 comments:

Dee said...

yum is right, ---I want some. His cooking is so delish !
And can't wait for the Hillbilly Gatherin' ! Got ma hat, got ma pants, to be all duded up.

kate said...

Yeehaw! Can't wait; sooo glad we're doing it again this year!! With Penny and Butch involved, we may even get Steve and Marlette to come...

What kind of committees are you thinking?

Jodi said...

Probably Games and Entertainment.
Food and drink.
Prizes.
Setup.
Auction items I think Doug and Wishgranters will find many items and I'll probably help with that too.

I think Dave will DJ again this year, although I heard a group from Jackson Hole called the Random Canyon Growlers that would be awesome to have here. I may check to see if they'll possibly be in Boise on that date.

Do you want to do games? Just come up with some great ideas and I'll find the things we need for them. You can use some old games or come up with all new. K? Maybe Linda could help you.

Anonyvox said...

I'm in--sign me up for whatever you need! (Unless that's when I'm in Alaska for work, in which case I'll get my work done aforehand.)

We sooooo have our costumes planned out already.

Jodi said...

Oh Casey, I can't wait to see what you do this year! I'm going to meet with Doug from Wish Granters in the next week or so and should have some idea of what I'll need help with. I think some of his volunteers will be really helpful this year.

If they try to get you to go to Alaska, tell them it's just not a good time. Pffffffffffffft!

jaci said...

AUGH! Between a rock and a hard place here. Other friends just posted an April get-together in Sunriver and I said "yes". But it's gals only and I know Don loved the Hillbilly Gatherin'... (bangs head on desk)

let me think on it - I'm pretty good at soliciting items for auction. And it would be so worth it...

Dang. I hate conflicts.

Jodi said...

No pressure here, but it would be so much fun to have you, Don, and Terry here again! We have room you know!