Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Three Women...

Do you have anyone in your life that you look at, and have for years, and think, "This is the way the world should be."  I do.  I have 3 of them.

I've taken some time recently to look at my life.  I'm incredibly lucky - and grateful.  However, I have a rather "strong" shall we say, personality.  I tend to get into "bidness" that I shouldn't.  Actually, maybe that's wrong.  I should say I tend to react to some "bidness" improperly.  Rather than being encouraging I can be judgemental.  Not out of meanness, but rather out of "I've done that, don't be a dumbass and make the same mistakes I did."

So, let talk about these 3 women.  I will call them Pam, Abbie, and Kelli - a mother and her daughters, my sister-in-law and nieces.  I can honestly say I have never met anyone like them.  They are a joy to be around whether it's for an hour or a lifetime.  I can honestly say I have NEVER heard them say an unkind word about anyone.  I'm sure they have, but I've never heard it.  They allow everyone to have their own opinions and lifestyles,  their own politics and religion - their own distinct personalities.  They are in one word "accepting."

After reflecting on myself lately, I need to become more accepting.  Not that I think everyone should be "my way," I've never felt like that, but as I said, I tend to try to save everyone I know from making bad choices and I need to realize that I can give encouragement without giving advice.  It's something I'm going to have to concentrate on every, single day. 

I only have good people in my life.  I've weeded out those that I don't believe have good hearts.  I don't allow anyone in that isn't somehow special to me and I need to let them know that they are special to me instead of making them feel like I'm trying to change them.  I will be working on that.  As I do, I will think often of these 3 special women and ask myself, "how would they handle this situation."

I'm almost 56.  It's not too late, but it's certainly time...

6 comments:

Dee said...

That is a lovely tribute to those three lovely ladies. I admire them also, Pam is a marvelous mother and the girls reflect that.

We could all take moments and wonder: WWPD. (what would Pam do?)

Kev said...

I can relate Jodi! I too fight the same thing. It's good to see it in ourselves and try to do better.

PS--Those pin up girls you are cross stitching have always been eye catchers to me....GOOD JOB!

Kev

kate said...

Hmmpph. I thought for sure you were going to say "mom, Linda and me." Apparently we aren't NICE enough.

Dee said...

We aren't even close, Kate.

Jodi said...

Well Kate, as soon as I do a post about 3 women that are really "special" you can bet you'll be on the list! You know I love our family, I've just never met anyone quite like these three ladies.

jaci said...

A wonderful post. They must truly be neat women.

I, too, try to only keep positive and strong women in my life.