Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My First Elmer Story of 2012...

I stopped at the Stinker store yesterday to get gas after running my hiney all over town pricing appliances.  Sheesh, that sucked. 

As I was getting gas, I realized I hadn't eaten anything all day and I was hungry.  So I went inside thinking I'd get one of those delicious hot dogs that roll around on those rolley things for gob-only-knows-how-long before some stupid sucker like me buys it.

Then, I noticed the counter with chicken in it and it reminded me of something Elmer had said not too long ago.  We had stopped at the Stinker store and he mentioned that they sell "Chester's Chicken" and how good it is.  Then he said something that even I couldn't believe came out of his mouth.



"We'll have to come here for dinner some time."

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

My dear, sweet husband, to whom I've been wed for 25 years, wants to take me to the friggin' Stinker store for Chester's Chicken for dinner some time.  They don't even have a table in the Stinker store.  I guess we'd sit in the truck by the gas pumps and dine.

Chester the Chicken

I looked at their website and they call it "chicken on the fly."  I'm one lucky gal don't ya think? 

11 comments:

Sheri said...

I sure hope you got some of that chicken to go and made all Elmers dreams come true !!

Jodi said...

Sheri, I did, and there was some left over. He looked in the fridge and said, "Who got Chester's for lunch?!" He was so excited.

He never notices if I change my hair, get a new sweatshirt or new pair of socks, but gets all excited and notices if there's Chester's Chicken in the refridgerator. Go figure.

JACKI said...

he's so romantic...

kate said...

I'm not sure what's weirder: that Elmer wanted to take you to the Stinker station for dinner, or that you went on the Stinker Station's website.

Yet another example of the fact that you two deserve each other.

Side note: my word verification is micstifi. McStiffy! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

Jodi said...

Hahahahaha! and by the way, I didn't go to the Stinker website you dork, I went to the Chester Chicken website. Sheesh.

Dee said...

I'm sure he would eventually notice your new sweatshirt if you didn't have good stuff like Chester's Chicken to throw him off course. And he does know how to wine and dine you and knows just how to surprise and please you with ideas of where to dine.

We love Elmer !

jaci said...

They still have Stinker Stations in Idyho? ROFLOL! I thought Stinker Stations were a thing of the past with their funny little road side signs.

Oh. this was about dinner, right? Um... WHO eats those hot dogs that have been on those rolly things like, forever?

I'm sorry. This was too freaking FUNNY.

Jodi said...

Jaci, don't try to tell me that you've never eaten one of those hotdogs! You, from Nevada, with nothing for miles but desert? I'm not buying it!

Anonyvox said...

I guess that's a better motto than "Flies on the chicken."

Abbie said...

sooo funny. I don't know if I should give Elmer a hard time or go out and get some Chester's Chicken to see if maybe he has a point.

Jodi said...

Ab, you should certainly give him a hard time. But, just fyi, I've stopped and bought it twice since then because it really is good!