Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Time For Another Elmer Fudd Story...


Yes, this actually happened...

Now don't get me wrong, I love my husband. But I have to admit, I sometimes feel a bit bad. Kate and Jacki read this blog called "Confessions of a Pioneer Woman." She's a city gal who married a cowboy and refers to him as "The Marlboro Man." Now how cute is that?

I however, have Elmer Fudd and like I said, I do feel kinda' bad calling him that but what else can I do when I have stories like this to tell.

Elmer Fudd loves being outside. It's his therapy. All the neighbors tell him he needs to get another hobby, that he shouldn't be working out in the yard all the time. (I think they're jealous of our yard). Elmer Fudd also loves his animals. I can't tell you how many times I've been reading or watching some fascinating show on tv and he comes to the door full of excitement and says "Honey, come see what the chickens are doing!" WTF??? They're chickens!!!! Ususally, it's something really exciting like they're eating the corn he just put out for them.

"Don't make me come and look at the chickens again unless they're doing the hokey pokey."

Last week, I was in the kitchen when Elmer Fudd came into the house from the backyard. I turned around to see him carrying Napoleon, one of the chickens. Before I know it, he's sitting in his recliner with that damn chicken on his lap! What the hell!!! It's a chicken for God's sake!

"Get that chicken out of the house!"
"Why? She likes being held."
"I don't care, it's a chicken and you can hold her outside if you want to hold her!" I'm beginning to feel hysterical... He pays no attention.

He's sittin' there in his chair rocking this chicken when the cat decides she wants to see what's up so she too jumps into Elmer Fudds lap.

Naturally, all hell breaks loose as the chicken realizes there's a predator within inches of her fuzzy black butt. The chicken flies off of Elmer Fudd's lap and he catches her in mid-air. We have a cat for hell sake, did he think this wasn't going to happen??

"Ok, get that damn chicken back outside!"
"Ok, ok!"

Black feathers EVERYWHERE! I can't believe I didn't take pictures before I vacuumed them up...

5 comments:

kate said...

Oh man...you're killing me!!! That is so frickin' FUNNY!!! Ival is such a love; he may talk big but he's got such a soft heart when it comes to kids and critters.

Unless, of course, the critters would look good stuffed and mounted on his wall. Now that I think about it, Elmer is quite complex....

hmmm....

Linda said...

OMG! How cute! I got so excited when I saw another Elmer Fudd story! Ival is a sweetie!

kate said...

Oh! Oh! Did the chicken POOP on poor Elmer??

I guess if she had, you'd be telling a story about cleaning up barf....

Jodi said...

Nope, no poop. Lucky for Elmer...

Dee said...

I can't stop laughing----as you all had the same reaction. We can all see Elmer holding the damn chicken.
In a recent survey, women were asked about their ass. 5% said they were satisfied with their ass, 5% said they weren't satisfied with their ass, and the rest said
He was pretty nice and they'd marry him again .