Friday, May 16, 2008

I Had Company Today...


See photos of the ceremony at http://www.ktvb.com/blocks/sframe.jsp?sid=http://picasaweb.google.com/ISPPhotos/IPOM2008Highlights

Last night, we held our candlelight vigil for the Peace Officers' Memorial. Afterward, the wife of our Executive Director took me aside and said, "I saw your dad standing beside you tonight." This came as quite a surprise because I had no idea she "had a gift". She told me she's not always right, and can't make it happen like others can, but she said she knows when it does happen.

This morning, after the ceremony, she handed me a piece of paper (a used envelope) and told me to read it when I had time. She said he was with me again today. She had written some notes. The notes were:

Tom Boy. Don't think of him as much as you do. He said he is "JUST FINE". He has the dog with him.

Now, I'm skeptical but I do believe some people have a gift. For those of you who don't know, no matter how bad things are, I've always said, "I'm gonna be FINE. JUST FINE!" In fact, it's now a joke with my sisters and mom. So, naturally, the part that absolutely got to me was the fact that she had written, he is "JUST FINE", in all caps and in quotes. Nothing else was written that way. The Tom Boy words, not sure what that means, but the rest sure made sense!

So, I guess dad and Smokey were at the ceremony with me today. I like that thought.

4 comments:

kate said...

Wow. That's pretty wild, sis. That just gave me goosebumps.

Linda said...

That's so cool.

JACKI said...

I have the chills!!!

Dee said...

That startled me to see Bill's picture. I don't know why, but I jumped.
Me too, goosebumps, cool, chills. The "JUST FINE", is something she could not have guessed.