Saturday, May 31, 2008

Time Fer Some Learnin'



I found some interesting facts that could help you win on Jeopardy...

An average of 76 people a year die playing twister, and about 23 of which are through playing the nude version!

The average human will eat one pound of insects in their lifetime.

You are more likely to be killed by a rogue champagne cork than a poisonous spider.

Humans share one third of their DNA with lettuce!

Charlie Chaplin once came third in a Charlie Chaplin look-a-like competition.

Elvis Presley had a twin brother.

Zeuxis a Greek painter in the 5th Centrury BC laughed himself to death while looking at one of his paintings.

After being decapitated a human can still see for 20 seconds! (Not sure how 'they' worked this one out!).

Julio Iglesias once had five gallons of water flown from Miami to L.A. so he could wash his hair.

Michelangelo's cook was illiterate, so he drew her a shopping list, which today is priceless.

The architect who built the Kremlin had his eyes gouged our by Ivan The Terrible so that he would never be able to design another building like it.

Cher's parents married and divorced each other three times.

Volleyball is the most popular sport at nudist camps.

If you mouth the word "colorful" to someone, it looks like you are saying "I love you".

7 comments:

Dee said...

Gee, and I almost went on Jeopardy without all that info.
At my age, I guess I've already ingested my share of insects. yuk. phttttt, phtttt.

Dee said...

OK, Heather, since you read these, tell us how the dance lesson went. We want to know.

kate said...

Those are facsinating....Especially the one about humans sharing 1/3 of our DNA with lettuce. That could explain why, every three days, I have a burning desire to douse myself with blue cheese dressing.

Jodi said...

Ya know, I found the lettuce thing fascinating too! Kind of scary but it does explain a lot of things that I've often wondered about myself...

Linda said...

Ok, this is downright scary, but I thought the lettuce one was the coolest too!

Amazing Jodi.

H said...

If you mouth "Olive Juice" it looks like you're saying "I love you" too. And if you mouth "vacuum" it looks like you're saying something else...

Dancing was awesome! It was a workout, we were both sweating. There were only 4 other people there and we switched partners regularly and that helped reinforce what we were learning. We'll definitely go back it was so much fun. :)

H said...

P.S. I think we actually share about 98-99% of our DNA with chickens. :) DNA doesn't vary that much from species to species.