Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Is My Existance Really This Woefully Pathetic?


I received an email from Sheri yesterday with an interesting bit of information.

Saran Wrap and Aluminum Foil have a little known fact about them. I have used them for years and been frustrated by rolls that fly out of the box while trying to tear off just the right amount. In fact, my roll of aluminum foil right now is without a box. I got mad and threw it away and started using the edge of the counter to tear it off the roll. Would you believe that those boxes have a design feature that prevents the roll from coming out of the box while tearing off what is needed?

On either end is a small perforated spot that has written on it "Press Here to Lock End". WHO KNEW THIS???? How long has this been here? I'm am absolutely AMAZED!

But, to answer the question on the title of this blog, the answer is evidently "NO."

As you're all aware, my blog is never without visual aids. So, while searching for a picture of Saran Wrap or Aluminum Foil on Google, I found several dozen blogs with this same wonderful information about these boxes and they were all as excited as I am! Thanks Sheri, for making my day. Now if I can just remember this wonderful information the next time I buy a box...

2 comments:

Linda said...

You crack me up sister! I love you!!!!

(shaking my head....)

Dee said...

Hey, I'm as pleased as you are. Run to my pantry, pick up boxes of wrap, ----BUT----wax paper, no, cling wrap, no, Press and Seal has a plastic "keeper", foil, yes. That's 1 out of 4 that you can press a tab. Soooooo, We're just not used to looking for it.
And that was scientific research !