Monday, July 30, 2012

Possible Next Project...

But it may not be what it seems...

I've been looking for a kitchen island.  We need an island that's 10 ft long and 5 ft wide.  I saw this today and guess what, it's 9' 6" long and 5' 3" wide.  The best part, it's only $1,300 and an island the size we want will be about $3,500 - $4,000.  I'm in the process now of trying to find someone who could put a top on it.  Even with the top it should be way less than $3,000. 


See how flat it is on top?

I can picture this with a few pots and pans hanging off the front.  The front pulls up even with the rails on top (see last picture).




It's a gypsy wagon, circa 1920.


I know - crazy.  But if it's feasable we're going for it.  If not, the search goes on.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Here, I'll just say it before anyone else does.

YOU FREAKING LUNATIC!

There, do you feel better? P.S., it would have to be put in the house through a window.

Kev said...

Dear "Jodi" commentator:
I completely disagree with you. I think it's unique and awesome! The best artists are the ones that people think may be "crazy." You go! I say get another wagon for the yard too.

Anonyvox said...

*cut and paste my comment about your grass rug here*

As I said, if anyone can pull it off, it's you.

jaci said...

You could take it apart to get it into the house, couldn't you? I say freakin' awesome idea!