Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Unique Area Rug, Or Just Plain Weird?

Thankfully, the handful of you who read my blog understand my weirdness "uniqueness."  Since we're having laminate wood flooring throughout the house due to it's durability, I've been looking for area rugs.  I wanted to find a beautiful shag that would look like grass.  Don't ask me why, I've just pretty much set my mind to it.

I haven't been able to find anything locally, and I hate to buy something like that over the internet for fear it won't be exactly what I want.  So, a few weeks ago I think I found what I'm looking for at Home Depot.  It's called Newgrass.

It's designed for use outdoors, but it looks and almost feels like real grass!  A nice area rug will cost close to $1,000 and a 7 x 9 roll of Newgrass is around $300. 




They had some samples out, so right there in Home Depot, I took my shoes off and walked on it, just to see what it would feel like.  It's actually quite soft for the grandkids to play on and I'm seriously considering using this.  What do you think - am I crazy or what?

5 comments:

Dee said...

Your ideas are quite unique, and this is another one. Do it ! I like it.

Kev said...

Definitely not crazy, it looks like an overall design that will be noted in local Sunday newspaper to me!

JACKI said...

you are sooo weird! xoxo

Sheri said...

Yes, you are for sure crazy....but that is another story. Go for it, I think the kids will love it!!

Anonyvox said...

If anyone can pull it off, it's you. I'm sure it'll be great!