Friday, August 3, 2012

Wagon Delivery!

Well, even though I thought I'd decided it was even too odd for us, the wagon kitchen island was delivered today.  For some reason I thought it would require 6 strong men to get it on the porch, it was actually quite uneventful.  They backed the truck up to the porch, undid the straps and wheeled it out!






Tomorrow I will take a bottle of Simple Green and degrease this baby.


Today we also got windows!  They're beeeeuteeeful windows!



 It's looking more like home every day!

5 comments:

kate said...

Oh my god Jod, it's looking so beautiful! I seriously got teary eyed over the porch. I am so happy for you, for your dream coming true!

Now, I'll be interested to see what the HELL you're gonna do with that wagon. What did Elmer say about this idea? What's the counter surface going to be?

Jodi said...

Elmer loves it. I had kind of decided against it because I thought it might be too over the top. But when he looked at it he loved it and since we're just kind of flying by the seat of our pants on this whole bidness, we thought, what the hell.

It's our last home and we've decided that if we like it, we'll do it. If we ever get tired of it we can wheel it back out, put it on the place somewhere and have a "normal" island put in.

As for the surface, we haven't decided yet. Possibly a big-ass piece of granite!

jaci said...

YES!!! I am so glad you did it! I am loving how this is coming along! :)

Jodi said...

Somehow Jaci, I knew you would! ;)

Kev said...

I am so proud to know someone that has the b%$&s to do what they want with their hard earned money....I absolutely love it Jodi! Well done