Tuesday, August 21, 2012

See All These Cute Kids?

We're taking the oldest 4 camping on Thursday.


along with this one.  She's my great-niece and she's 3.  Her mommy thinks she's naughty - but she's 3.  How could you possibly think this sweet girl is naughty?


Jacki just had a baby and Heather is due next month.  I thought they might enjoy a day or two without kids.  Well, Jacki will still have 2 at home but the loudest ones will be gone!

We're heading over to Bruneau Dunes State Park.  We used to take our kids there and they always loved it.  There's a pond with bluegill and bass and a little dock that you can sit on.  Every time you drop your line in the water you catch a fish.  The kids will have such a good time (and so will I - it's a great place for fishing!).

We'll also spend some time on the sand dunes.  I think I'll take some cardboard pieces for the kids to use as sleds.  I also bought some lawn games for while we're at camp. 

It'll be great to spend some time with my sister and son as well.  I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures when we get back!

5 comments:

kate said...

Oh my god, they will LOVE that!! I personally think you're nutz, but it will be something they'll remember forever. So sweet of you two. Take lots of pictures, and don't forget the first aid kit!

Jodi said...

Got the first aid kit all packed! I think it's going to be great fun!

jaci said...

You'll have so much fun! My kids loved it when we camped at Bruneau Sand Dunes. Just call me "Jealous"...

(And those are some adorable grandchildren!!)

Jodi said...

Jaci, Bruneau Dunes is such a great place to take kids isn't it. I only wish the observatory would be open, but only on weekends.

Dee said...

The kids will all love the trip, being with Gramma and all, and the Mamas will LOVE you for it.

Enjoy. memories in the making.