Thursday, December 6, 2012

Rescueme.org

When we purchased Jacob Springs several years ago I started looking for a horse - ok, horses - and discovered the site Rescue Me! I signed up to receive alerts on Golden Retrievers, German Shepherds, farm animals and horses.

I hope to find an older horse that would be good with the grandkids.  But for me, I'd take a younger horse and be willing to work with it, although I have to admit it would be nice to bring a horse home and just take off on one of the trails nearby.  Maybe I'll get lucky.

So, for now I think about renting a tractor, getting the pasture put in, and getting fencing up.  Spring, I'm ready for you!

This is Amy.  She's a beautiful girl who lives near Las Vegas.  Her description sounds wonderful.  I wish I had pasture...



and Taz.  He lives in Nevada too.  He's an old boy who can't carry riders over 80 lbs. and sounds like he'd be perfect for the grandkids to ride around the property.



I hope that soon I can find the horses that will work for us.  I can't wait to ride again...

2 comments:

kate said...

Awww, so beautiful. I love that you're thinking of a rescue horse. There are also plenty of horses for free (or cheap) on Craigslist of course. It's pretty sad how people don't keep a horse forever...

jaci said...

I am just catching up on all I missed in December. I have been thinking about rescue horses, too. I think I'll look into this org. but I am considering finding one near home so I can go volunteer there for a day every month on my boss' dollar...

And for Kate: sometimes life changes. I had to give my horse up several years ago. I miss her horridly. I wanted to keep her forever. :(