Friday, February 10, 2012

I Need to Find Some Old Bricks...

This will be going somewhere on Jacob Springs.  I was looking for uses for an old cabinet door - something I could make for the Hillbilly auction, and came across this.  I'd like to make it a little more rustic looking though.  Maybe even leave a few old bricks on the ground to make it look like they had fallen off the structure.  There's also too much "stuff" in front of the brick, but I love the old wheelbarrow (we just happen to have 2 of them) and then put some seating in front. 

This would be a great project for Ival and I to do together.  I wish I had hauled all those awesome old bricks off the property Linda and Bob lived on.  They would have been perfect.



Does anybody have some old bricks laying around?

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Evidently, my blog has a problem with the work verification. I'm going to see if I can figure out how to remove it for a while.

Dee said...

I LOVE that wall idea.

Dee said...

Hey, it worked. That is so cool and unusual ! You have the BEST ideas and find so many more. Hope you find the bricks----it will add to the entire "homestead" look. i.e. house fell down, build a barn.

jaci said...

I love that wall. I may have to find a place in my yard to do something like that, too. Oh - and some old bricks...