Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Can You Help?

I have been blessed in my life and in order to "pay it forward" I have tried to raise money for a worthy charity at least once a year. This year, I've chosen Wish Granters because they really need the help and I know that all the money will go to granting adult wishes.  Wish Granters is operated by my old boss at Wishing Star.  He saw a need for granting wishes to adults with terminal illnesses.  Doug has worked hard to ensure that his office space is donated and all of his office equipment was donated.  Doug has made sure that every dime donated to this wonderful charity goes to make sure these people have their last wishes taken care of.  There is basically no overhead. 

Wish Granters has restored vehicles, built storage sheds, arranged final family reunions, fenced yards, and made sure that a man got to meet the Boise State Broncos football players just to name a few.  But, there are still a lot of wishes that need to be filled and they receive more requests every day.

I want to raise $10,000 for them at the Hillbilly Gatherin'. In order to do this, I have to have 140 items for our silent auction. If you have something you could donate, you could really help us achieve this goal.

Do you have something in your closet you've been gifted? Are you crafty? Do you work at a restaurant that might donate a gift certificate? Family and friends, I really need your help!


http://hillbillygatherin.com/


No comments: