Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ironman Coeur d'Alene...

My sister-in-law is doing her second Ironman Race tomorrow in Coeur d'Alene. I'm in such awe of people who can do these events. She'll start at 7am with a 2.4 mile swim, then a 112 mile bike ride, finishing with a 26.2 mile run. She's been training for the last two years - started practically right after her last Ironman.

If you'd like to track her progress tomorrow, you can do so by following this link and typing in her bib # 2430.

Good luck Ruth!

5 comments:

tallulah said...

Where does this kind of drive come from? I barely have enough to get me to the end of the block.

Jodi said...

I have no idea. Makes me tired just thinking about it...

Dee said...

Amazing people ! And all the training, daily ! Complete dedication-----I can't commit to ride my stationary bike every day.

Fancy Schmancy said...

My cousin's husband does crazy things like this, too. He's doing the VT100 soon. That's running 100 miles - straight - all at one time. I told him I don't run unless I'm being chased! BTW, I think your sister, Kate, is a little crazy too, inspiring of course, but crazy. ;)

Jodi said...

Fancy, I've always said that I'll start running the day I see someone doing it with a smile on their face. Hasn't happened yet.

Yep, Kate is definately crazy!