Saturday, June 20, 2009

WTH?




BRUSSELS - A Belgian teenager has told police how she emerged from a tattoo parlor with 56 stars over one side of her face, rather than the three she had asked for, prosecutors said on Tuesday.

"I said this part, the top, is ok, but not the rest," Kimberley Vlaeminck from the city of Kortrijk, 56 miles northwest of Brussels, told Belgian broadcaster VRT.

The 18-year-old said she fell asleep during the procedure, and woke up in pain when her nose was being tattooed.

A spokesman for Kortrijk prosecutors' office said police were investigating after a complaint from the teenager.

The tattoo artist said Vlaeminck had agreed to 56 stars.

"She agreed, but when her father saw it, the trouble started," Belgian newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws quoted the man as saying.

Vlaeminck said she wanted to keep the tattoos on her forehead but would have the rest removed.



Now really, I've never had a tattoo, but does ANYONE actually fall asleep during a tattoo on their face??? I think not. And really, when she walked in and saw the "artist"


shouldn't she have been afraid enough to think it might not be a good idea to fall asleep?

9 comments:

tallulah said...

I have tattoos. She must have been higher than an effing kite to fall asleep while someone is tatooing her face. Give me a break!

Jodi said...

I know T! There's no fat there, wouldn't that hurt like a muther???

Dee said...

That's just nuts ! She's lying to her father----an innocent victim-----I don't think so !

Linda said...

And how could you mistrust that sweet looking young man???

Fancy Schmancy said...

I have two tattoos, there is not a chance I could have fallen asleep during that pain. Nor would I have if someone were sticking needles in my FACE!

Anonymous said...

I agree, she must have changed her mind and decided to blame the artist.

Jodi said...

Copswife, I think you're right, once her dad saw her face she probably decided it was time to blame someone else. Dumbass...

kate said...

I fell asleep during childbirth! And I wasn't even on drugs! But yeah, I'd say she was high as a kite and agreed to the whole face, and then sobered up and realized daddy was going to have a fit. That's going to be so attractive when she's 60. Not to mention that having a face covered in stars will really make an impression on future employers. Good choice.

Jodi said...

Exactly right Kate! Way to make a good first impression!