Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I'm So Excited!

For those of you who knew him, you know that dad was a wonderful artist. I'm not going to say too much more about it because I'll blog more about it probably later today. When he died, all of his prints sold out, leaving us with one of each of his prints for his kids. Everybody's favorite was the Cowboy Feeding the Bird. It sold out first and was always the most requested by people wanting his work.

Last week, I found out a friend from Fish and Game was retiring after 30 years. Fish and Game always hires a portrait artist to do the portrait of the person retiring but she didn't want that - she wanted dad's print of the Cowboy Feeding the Bird. I had to tell her we didn't have any. But, mom decided we needed to reprint this picture so I should have them today! I'm excited that now all the grandkids can have one of dad's prints. We're only having 100 prints made, so mom decided we'll sell some and use some to donate to charities for fundraising. I think it's just what dad would want.

I'll post a picture of the print as soon as I get them!

5 comments:

JACKI said...

thats so cool! I would LOVE one of his prints to hang on the wall!

kate said...

That's so awesome!!! Anna will LOVE that! It always makes me so happy to see her wearing her "We care about critters" t-shirt...but it's not going to fit for much longer.

Thanks Mom!!!!

Jodi said...

Yep, I think it will be awesome for the grandkids to have something so special.

Thanks mom!

Dee said...

You're welcome girls-----its a family thing. And Jodi did all the work, found the printer , did the leg work ! Thanks Jodi.

Fancy Schmancy said...

I can't wait to see it! That is awesome.