Thursday, March 12, 2009

Gentle Lessons of Life...

My mother sent me the following and so much of it hits home, I thought I'd share...

When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself.

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat have gotten to be really good friends.

If you think there is some good in everybody, you obviously haven't met 'everybody'.

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it. For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.

Aging: Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.

Some people try to turn back their life's odometers. Not me, I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long, long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.

One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it is such a nice change from being young.

Ah, being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.

First you forget names, then you forget faces. Then you forget to pull up your zipper. It's even worse when you get to the point that you forget to pull it down.

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN!!

2 comments:

It's me said...

What a wonderful post. There are some gems and some chuckles... always a good combination.

kate said...

Hhahahahaa! I especially loved the first one; that is totally our sick kind of humor. ;)