Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Finding Claire Wycoff...

Claire Wycoff was my first best friend - we were in second grade. We lived in Winnemucca, Nevada. I think we all probably remember our first best friend. She taught me to ride a bike. I remember her sitting on the back fender as I learned to peddle. She rode that back fender for days on end until, I guess, she either decided she'd had enough, or decided I was ready to go it alone, then one day I looked back and she wasn't there. I was riding a bike!

I think about her at least once a month, wondering what she's doing. Does she have kids? Where does she live and what has her life been like? I've been trying to find her for the last 10 years but it's so much harder when you're looking for a woman who has probably changed her name.

Maybe someone who knows her will somehow do a Google search of her name and see this blog. But before the world ends on December 21, 2012, I WILL, somehow, find Claire Wycoff...

9 comments:

kate said...

Wait a minute...aren't you sort of a private detective?? Or don't you at least get some sort of employee discount?

Wouldn't that be fun to find her?

Dee said...

She would be so surprised----way back from 2nd grade ! Isn't there some way you could find a SS # for her under her maiden name, then of course she married one or more times. I hope you do find her some day !

Jodi said...

I thought of that, I'm going to get ahold of Val, the Spy Mom, and see what resources she uses. I don't work with them anymore, they broke up and Val is going through some pretty serious cancer stuff. I hope she gets back to work someday, I LOVED doing that - but I never worked on a lost person case. Just infidelity - there's LOTS of that!

Unknown said...

I found lots of Richard Wycoffs, you said before you thought that was her dad's name. I printed it off and maybe you could start calling the numbers listed and maybe stumble on someone who is related to Claire. Do you know of any other relatives she may have had?

Unknown said...

Btw, I use ReverseRecords.Org and Legacy.com is a national obituary registry. Veromi.net has also been useful and so have Myspace and Facebook, obviously. :) We'll help you find her or at least find out what happened to her!

Unknown said...

Okay, sorry for the multiple posts, but it wouldn't be Claire Wyckoff, would it? Because I found one that shows that spelling and she is 54 years old. Does that sound about right?

Jodi said...

No, I think her name was without a K. She had a sister named DeeDee and I found something for her name under classmates.com in Indiana but it won't let me log in. I think she was about Linda's age and would have graduated about 77 or 78. I can't imagine that there would have been another DeeDee - such an unusual name!

thanks Heather!

Linda said...

Wasn't there a Dean Wycoff? Was there a brother, or was that the dad's name? I don't know why that sounds familiar to me....

Jodi said...

I keep thinking she had a sister about your age named DeeDee. Does that sound familiar?