Friday, June 20, 2008

Spymom...

This is my friend Val, she's the original Spymom. She was diagnosed with cancer quite a few years ago but instead of feeling sorry for herself, she decided to make one of her own dreams come true.

Val opened her own private investigation company. How awesome is that? She had always loved Nancy Drew books (no wonder I love her!) so she named her company Hanady Investigations. She's best known though as "Spy Mom". She's been on many national tv and radio shows and just has the best time. She's my PI mentor.

Unfortunately, she emailed me yesterday and told me her tumor markers are up. It makes me so sad. I love working with Val and hope that we have many more years together. I couldn't be learning from a better person, not just about how to be a good PI, but also about life in general - never giving up on a dream, and living EVERY SINGLE day being the best you can be.

1 comment:

Dee said...

My best thoughts and wishes go to Val. She's a brave lady and I know how much you admire her.