Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ruth Turner - Triathlete


On Sunday, my sister-in-law Ruth finished her second Iron Man Triathlon! Her first, in Coeur d'Alene was a full Iron Man. This race was a bit shorter, they call it a 70.3. It was the first one ever held in Boise and consisted of 70.3 miles of swimming, biking, and running. It hurts me to even think about that!

She dipped into the icy waters of Lucky Peak first thing in the morning and finished the 1.2 mile swim in 44 minutes. Then it was on to the bike where she finished 56 miles in 3 hours 8 minutes and finally the 13.1 mile run was completed in 1 hour and 50 minutes. She finished 13th in her age group for women with a total time of 5 hours 33 minutes!

WAY TO GO RUTH! I'm impressed! I'll post more pictures when Joe sends them to me.

3 comments:

Dee said...

Great picture ! Ruth is amazing! And her time was great. I had looked in the paper for times and there were a lot of 8 hr (those last) so 5 hrs was very good. I wouldn't even stick my toe in that icy water, let alone swim.

kate said...

Wow. I can't even wrap my brain around that. Way to go Ruth!!!

H said...

That is quite the accomplishment. Way to go Ruth! Show off... ;)

"We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"