Monday, June 23, 2008

A Beautiful Weekend In McCall...

We spent a beautiful weekend at Tim and Jacki's cabin in McCall. The cabin actually belongs to Tim's grampa and was built in the 1930s. It's on one of the most beautiful private beaches on the Lake.

We took Adam and two of his friends up with us. They complained because the jet skis weren't there yet and there "was nothing to do." Actually, I was happy to see the jet skis hadn't been launched, it forced them to be kids like I remember being - enjoying the sand and the water (even though IT WAS COLD!) like I used to do. No motorized vehicles, no video games, no computers. At 14, his life is so much different than mine was at that age, I wish I could, for one day, take him to my life as a kid. I know he'd love the way I was raised...

They built a great sand castle and moat...

and used PADDLES on an inner tube to get around on the water...

Ahhhhh, life is good!

5 comments:

Dee said...

I should have taken pictures of you, but you were usually on the go, spoiling the little ones, you should have seen her building a fire with wet wood --lots of blowing on smoldering pine needles, coaxing the first tiny flame---. But it finally became a lovely fire on a wet cold morning.
It was so beautiful and I loved being on the lake again.
Thanks Jacki and Tim, it was a marvelous weekend.

JACKI said...

we had a GREAT time too!!! Love you guys!

kate said...

I'm so jealous! I miss McCall. The OLD McCall. And it sounds like you guys still have a little slice of it. That place sounds like paradise. You are SO lucky to have it!

JACKI said...

Kate... we can have your wedding there at the beach if ya want!

kate said...

Aww, Jacki, that's a very sweet offer! And I'd totally take ya up on it, but I don't want to make the people who are flying in (David's family etc.) have to drive another two hours. Maybe for my NEXT wedding.

*snort!*