Monday, September 17, 2012

Jacob Springs, Days 97...

Yesterday (Sunday) Uncle Joe (Ival's brother) and his girlfriend Nancy came up to help lay the first tongue-and-groove boards on the ceiling.  I had no idea what a big project this was going to be.  I love Joe.  He helps design Albertsons stores and commercial buildings and is anal in everything he does.  We couldn't have asked for a better person to help us get started on this project.  When Joe is helping, you know it will be done right.

It takes 3 people at least to do this.  One on the ground and 2 on the scaffolding.  Adam is doing a great job helping out.  He's so awesome and such a great kid - we're lucky.

I can see that I'm going to have to dust the ceiling when it's done.


This is part of the floor and window molding.



That's it for Sunday.  I'll post pictures later this afternoon because the guys are up there doing the color coat on the stucco.  I love the stucco guys, they're doing such a great job in making sure we're happy with the final product!

2 comments:

kate said...

That is going to look SO COOL!! I LOVE tongue and groove ceilings. And that's a BIG ceiling to cover. Wow.

Also: how cute is it that Joe and Nancy are dating?? Ack!!!

Anonyvox said...

Augh, we had tongue and groove ceilings in the house I grew up in in Garden Valley, and when the new(er) owner let me in to look at it a couple of years ago, someone had either pulled it all down or sheetrocked right over the top of it. It was all heart-wood from the ponderosas right there on the ranch! FOOLS! Makes me a little ill just to recall it. Anyway, I love how the house is coming along. The doors look fabulous.