Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pinterest

My sister sent an invite to Pinterest a few weeks ago.  I went to the link and set up an account but had no idea what I was supposed to do with it.  I went to websites I like but couldn't figure out how to copy the pictures to my page.  I then discovered that they have to be linked to the site in order to do so.  So, I started going just through the Pinterest website and starting finding all kinds of things that I love!  They have lots of categories and it's a great way to keep track of ideas that I love for our barnhouse. 



If you have a Pinterest account, send me the link, I'd love to see what you've pinned.  Or, if you don't have one and would like one, let me know and I'll send you an invite.

You can look at my page by clicking on the Pinterest logo on the right hand side of my page here.  It's great fun when you have nothing better to do.  I haven't pinned too much yet but I'm working on it.

5 comments:

kate said...

When you signed up, there should have been a tutorial on setting up the "Pin It" button on your tool bar. That way, if you're on any website (whether it's etsy or the HGTV website or a travel website or whatever) and you see something you like, you go up to your tool bar, click the "Pin It" button and it will then prompt you the rest of the way. You can choose which of your boards to pin it to, if you have more than one. I'll see if I can find the tutorial to that because that way you can use it any time. It's addictive, though, isn't it? There's some cool stuff on there!

kate said...

Ok, so up in the right hand corner (when you're on the Pinterest page) there is an "About" tab. Click on that and you'll see "Pin It Button". That will help you install said button so you can pin your own stuff from anywhere!

JACKI said...

LOVE the sliding barn doors infront of the tv idea!

Dee said...

Some clever imagination there. Fun decor, most unusual. How marvelous to have a house with those ideas in it, it would be exciting to come home to every day. !

Anonyvox said...

I'd like an invite, please! I've read lots of people raving about it, but like you, am not real sure what I'm supposed to do with it. Clearly, asking Kate is a good place to start.