Thursday, August 7, 2008

Wedding Cake Toppers That Will Make You Say...

Oh I wish I'd found that one for MY cake!

Kate is getting married here at the Hidden Springs Barn. Being in Spokane, there's things she can't do from up there so she's put Jacki and I in charge of them. One is the wedding cake so I've been searching for the "perfect" topper. Here's the short list but I'm counting on you to help us pick the final one...

Kate lived on the Oregon coast for many years and became very fond of seashells. I tried real hard to find the frog playing the guitar topper but this was as close as I could come...


Ahhhhhh...

Now this one I think would fit best with her forest theme...

But I think this one is my favorite. I just seems to scream KATE and DAVID!!!!


Whatever we choose, I know Kate will love it. As mom would say (although I haven't heard her say this one in quite a few years!) "That'll learn ya, dern ya".

9 comments:

JACKI said...

LMAO! Oh, dear God... you are going to give Kate a heart attack with just the fact that you are googling 'cake toppers'.

Dont worry aunt Kate... this is why you hired me too... now... I better git back to your sea shell center pieces.

kate said...

OH LORD. How will we ever decide?? But you're right, the blue dolphins really are "us", aren't they?

Dee said...

Actually I said that just yesterday during a profound conversation with myself--out loud of course.
Kate, we're trying so hard to take some of the burden from you and Jodi is absolutely here to help. What a relief it must be for you !
Personally, I like #2.

kate said...

Now, I actually love both the ones with the birds, especially the little bride and groom bird. But those are highly-saught after (and expensive) pieces of art because I actually looked into getting those. I really did.

kate said...

Nope. Look how cute they are!!!
http://www.annwoodhandmade.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3&zenid=0a8c74eec46a266b73427ed42d505166

Jodi said...

So how much are they?

kate said...

Well, she's not even making cake toppers again until October (I'm telling you, she's a famous craftster). Everybody who's anybody in the craft world has one of her birds. I think the SINGLE birds go for $60 or so!!

And NO, YOU CAN NOT MAKE ME ONE. Don't even offer. :)

Dee said...

I truly do like the white, entwined birds. Those are not tacky, but they aren't Kate and David either.

Jodi said...

um, so should I go take back all the stuff I just bought to make them? Damn.