Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I Can't Believe I Just Did That!

I have this handy little thing called a swivel sweeper. You've seen them advertised on tv. It's a funky little battery powered vacuum thing. Doesn't have a lot of power but it picks up the small stuff.

While I went ot pick up Adam, Rosie evidently decided she wanted to try one of the pistachios that were in the bowl on the island. She did eat the nut but the shell was in tiny pieces all over the carpet. Not wanting to get the big vacuum out, I got the swivel sweeper out.

I warned her. I told Rosie to move. But no, dumb ass dog sat right there. So I was trying to get around her when damn if I didn't suck her tail into the sweeper. It started this high pitch whining, she jumped up and took off running with me and the sweeper attached. I tried to catch her so I could unlatch her tail and finally realized I needed to turn the sweeper off which then allowed me with one quick jerk, to release her tail from the roller.

Adam and I got a good laugh out of it but Rosie will be traumatized forever.

6 comments:

kate said...

OH MY GOD!! If there's an award for "Oh No You Didn't" with dogs, this is it!

Thanks for the laugh!

If I get fired, it's YOUR fault.

Dee said...

Poor Rosie !!!!!!! I hope I don't have to pay for HER therapy.
Is her tail shorter?
Kate, I've told you that when you read these things at work, put your hand over your mouth. You may choke, but you won't get fired.

kate said...

Oh, and you'd prefer that I choke over getting fired?

See, everybody, THIS is why I need therapy.

Linda said...

Peed my pants reading that one! Good thing I'm not at work.

Dee said...

Kate, surely SOMEONE in your office know "mouth to mouth"

kate said...

No one that I'd let perform it. You haven't seen my coworkers. I'd actually rather die, thank you.