Friday, October 25, 2013

Throwback from 2010... Wow! My Dream Came True, Except for the Horse...

Thursday, July 8, 2010


Do You Have a Dream?

My friend Jennifer, a cancer survivor, posted something on Facebook this morning that really hit home with me. It said "Where will you be in 15 years? If you know, can you point me in the direction of where I'll be, because I'm having trouble seeing it." I know exactly how she feels.

It's very hard to have a dream or even think more than a year ahead after cancer. You don't know if you'll ever be able to realize your dream so is there any point in having one? I don't like that I feel that way. I want to believe that I'll be alive in 15 years.

I've really only had one continual "dream". When Elmer and I got married, we lived in my grandmother's home after she died. It was an acre and we had goats and chickens, geese and ducks. We loved it. Since leaving there, we've looked for property dreaming of that life again. A place to have a little farm with animals and a somewhere where family and friends can come and just sit on the porch and enjoy our quiet and simple life. I'd have a horse that I can jump on whenever I choose.



Tell me your dream and how do you plan to make it a reality?

No comments: