Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dothesame.org

I've been so incredibly blessed to have come across some of the most incredible people in my life. My friend Mindy was the President of the Idaho Peace Officers' Memorial and is now on to other things.

I received an email from her tonight about a new venture that she and her husband, a Nampa Police Officer, have started. It's called Dothesame.org, an organization that matches people with needs to people who can help. I hope you'll take the time to read the following, go to their website, and if you feel you have something to offer, sign up to help someone who may need you! Whether you sew, cook, have mechanical abilities, can use a hammer and nails or have connections to help find an item someone may need - it's a great way to give to your community!

DotheSame.org is all about connecting people across the US who desire to help with those who need assistance. Everyone is gifted with skills and knowledge that can be shared. Likewise, at any given time, someone has a need or problem to be solved. DotheSame.org is designed to help match gifts and talents with those in need. Strong, successful communities start with those who take personal responsibility in making their neighborhoods and cities a better place to live. Make your community better by sharing your gifts and talents with others.

I heard about a young man that placed an ad on Craigslist, he wrote, "I don't have a lot of money to give but I have good hands, a strong back, and a heart for helping others." This young man would go out on one of his days off and help his neighbors that contacted him. That made me start to think about why there isn't a web site designed for such liked hearted people willing to serve their neighbors. Imagine the impact that we can have in our communities by giving just a fraction of our time. Let's make a difference one life at a time.

Be sure to visit their website DotheSame.org! If you choose to sign up, be sure to register, then get your password, sign in, and be sure to click "I can help" so it registers where you're available to help and your skills talents. This isn't just a Boise organization - it's for the entire US.

Thanks Mindy and Jacob, for helping those who need us, to find us!

2 comments:

Dee said...

What a marvelous idea. You have the most amazing, imaginative friends and contacts ! I will check it out----don't know what I could do, but it is such a great idea !

Anonymous said...

Looks like that was a ton of fun. Sorry I couldn't make it. We'll have to keep it in mind for next year!