Sunday, January 5, 2014

January 5, 2014 - 33 Years...

I was rummaging through the buffet a few weeks ago and came across an envelope filled with pictures of dad that I had never seen before.  Evidently mom gave it to me at some point and I never opened it.

So, as I do every year on this day, I will share some memories of dad, this year in pictures. 

 
Most of these are pictures of dad as a Marine when he was in Korea.



 
Mom and Abbey (she was the wife of dad's best friend)



Dad making the rank of Corporal


 Dad and Stan.
 
We miss you and as every year, will remember you and Conley with a toast.  Mom is coming over to watch the football game and we'll keep eachother company.  Adam decided to remember today by going duck hunting.  We love and miss you.

3 comments:

Dee said...

Bill was a good Marine, but he hated some of their rules and regs. He was always going to write an expose' to "show them", but never got around to it. He started college , took an art class as he was GOOD. But soon decided he wanted to major in Wildlife Management and the rest is history. A fork in the road that led us all to great wonderful places and some not so great. But we made some awesome memories along the way. He loved his job, his family and I know he is so proud of his children, their children and THEIR children. WOW, Bill, look what we started. They are the best.

Park said...

Sending Thoughts and Love.

Kel

Anonyvox said...

Those are some great pictures--fun to see both he and your mom in that time. I hope yesterday was an okay day for you all.