Saturday, April 28, 2012

Oh Lucky Day...

Last Wednesday I left to head to Wendover, Nv with mom and some of her Bunco friends and an old friend from high school and her mother.  Now to most people, flying in to Wendover looks like an absolute hell hole.  I, however, was fascinated.

The plane landed on a tiny airstrip and toward what was an old WW II building.  As we taxied down the runway toward the building, we passed old bunkers that had evidently held ammunition and supplies.  Dotted all throughout the desert on the outskirts of town were old wooden buildings, most with their windows missing, but they obviously held many stories. 

As we taxied to where we would deplane, I thought to myself how I wished we had a car.  I would have loved to have taken some time to drive around town and been able to look at some of those wonderful old buildings and take a bunch of pictures.  I was enthralled.

But, instead we headed to the casino where we would be staying.  It was beautiful and obviously the nicest of the three in town.  We had to wait an hour before our luggage would arrive at the casino and before we could check into our room so I found a machine and sat down to play after depositing my $10.  One of our group was sitting at the machine next to me so we started chatting while I hit the "repeat play" button.  I turned toward my machine and it was in some kind of bonus mode.  It took several minutes for it to finish and I looked down to see how much I had won.

I looked at the machine then asked my friend.  "Does that say - $52?" 

She looked at the machine.  "Noooooooo." 

"Holy shit.  Did I just win $500?"

"Nooooooo.  You just won $519."

"Oh crap."

Yep.  Twenty minutes after arriving I had won over $500.  The rest of the night I couldn't lose.  I ended up stashing $600 that I promised myself I would take home.  The next day, not so good.  We went to the other casinos and I never won again.

So, the next morning we had to be on the bus back to the plane at 9:45.  At 8:20 I sat down at a machine near the door so I wouldn't miss the bus.  I only had a $50 bill and stuck it in, deciding that if I got down to $25 I would quit.

I started hitting the "repeat play" button after choosing how much I wanted to bet on each spin.  I started winning again!  I looked down and realized I was betting $1.50 each spin instead of my usual .80 but it was working.  I got into lots of bonus rounds and ended up walking away with over $300 from that machine.

So, I came home with $900 and 4 lottery tickets I had bought to scratch on the way down.  I knew I had won $48 ($40 of which was on a $10 ticket - I never spend $10 on a lottery ticket). 

This morning I remembered they were in my purse and took them in to cash them.  Turned out my $40 winner was actually a $100 winner so I walked out of there with $116.  Damn!

It was a fun trip and I had such a good time.  I do love penny slots!  Thanks for inviting me mom!


JACKI said...

Holy Cow! Well that sure makes for a fun trip! :o)

Kev said...

Lady Luck at it's very finest!!!

kate said...

Jeez Louise. Nice!!

Dee said...

You are so welcome ! It was a fun trip and I LOVED that you were a winner. We were all excited for you---its so great to have a WINNER in the group, yeaaaaaaaaa