Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm Sorry, But I Have to Brag...

I called Adam's Zoology teacher this morning because I'm talking to his class next Friday about dad and what it was like to live with a Game Warden, and of course Claude Dallas.

I wanted to tell Mr. Beckly how much I appreciated what he has done for Adam and how he's made such a difference in his life. He then wanted to tell me what a good boy Adam is and how bright he is. He told me how eager Adam is to learn about wildlife and what a good job he's doing in class. He was very impressed that Adam had told him that he wants to get a job with Idaho Fish and Game, and work in dad's old area - Adam has never mentioned that to me. He said he thought it took a lot of guts for Adam to have such a dream and he's sure Adam will accomplish his goal.

Wow.

He went on to tell me that if the kids win the Idaho Envirothon (and he said it's TOUGH work to win) that they'll be taking a week (all expenses paid) in late June whey they'll fly into Maine and then drive to New Brunswick, Canada. They'll take several days where they'll get to camp and fish in several really fun places.

How cool would that be?!

I'm so incredibly proud right now. How on earth did I raise such great kids? Who would have thought that this sweet face would have such an amazing goal...

Hunting with dad before he was big enough to hunt...


Riding his motorcycle before mom thought he was big enough to ride...


First day of school...


Getting his Black Belt in Taekwando...








Somehow, I imagine dad is smiling right now.


I did find out too, that parents can go as "spectators" to Challis. I'm hoping Adam will be happy to have mom and dad along!

3 comments:

Dee said...

You have every right to brag ! Good kid, and you----good job raising such good kids.
They've just got to win in Challis, as it would be such a monstrously super trip to Maine and on to the challenge.
Yes, Grampa must be smiling, big grin, ear to ear. Come on, Grampa, be there for Adam.
give him the answers, no one will know.

JACKI said...

LIKE LIKE LIKE!!!

kate said...

So so cool! What s gift to know whey he want to do with his life and to be working toward it already. Way to go Adam!!