Saturday, November 3, 2007

I Was Given Such An Incredible Gift...

on February 15, 1983. Such a beautiful baby - dark hair and the sweetest face. She was, and still is, my angel.

One of the proudest moments in my life was when Jacki graduated from high school and was given an award. No, it wasn't most popular, most likely to succeed, or prettiest (although isn't she gorgeous???) - it was Most Generous. Out of all the kids in her graduating class, Jacki received the award for being kind and most willing to help someone who needed her. What more could you ask for from a child you've raised?

I feel so lucky that as adults together, Jacki and I have so much fun. I truly love spending time with her. She has a wonderful sense of humor and is truly a happy person. Unfortunately, Jacki is her mother's daughter. I guess it was to be expected. She's the Queen of Nosey - just like me. We have to know what's going on anywhere within sight, at all times. We are not above sneaking, peeking through blinds, or "taking a drive" to spy on whoever or whatever seems interesting or in need of our "attention". While she is genuinely kind, she is not above laughing at another person's "boo boo." Oh my God, I think this is a HORRIBLE family trait - we all have it!!!!

Jacki has grown to be a devoted wife and mother. Her husband Tim and her two kids Allie, and new baby Kole are everything to her.
And she, is everything to me...

5 comments:

kate said...

Yep. She's drop-dead gorgeous and kind, smart and funny...I hate her!! :)

Really, Jacki is an amazing young woman; she's always known who she is and what she wanted. Heck, I think she owned a house before I did!

I didn't know you two were such nosy-pants'. I think you two, along with Heather, should form an all-women detective agency.

H said...

That was a very tender post (we can tell who your favorite is!). No, Jacki is great and an all around GOOD person with a big heart and a positive personality. When I think of her the first thing that comes to mind is her laugh. We love you Jacki! And now I'm going to interrupt her dinner to see when we can come see Kole...

Linda said...

Jacki has always been very special to me, she's always been like my own daughter. She and Lisa were like siamese twins growing up. You rarely saw one without the other. There are so many songs, and words and stuff that make me think of Jacki, and I smile (or laugh) when I hear them. Like,... Da,Da,Da and poor Herfinderfin...(died of embarrassment.)
Oh, and the spider in my store ...

Yea, Jacki's purty fun. I guess we'll keep her.

Dee said...

How lucky can we get----Jacki is fun, funny, silly, giggly, a marvelous mother, daughter, sister, grandaughter etc, AND she is beautiful ( but never acts it ).
She's teaching, or rather bringing out the fun in life in Allie.
Jackie is another one that makes our family so close---so great !

Anonymous said...

yup.....that was my partner in crime. my bestest friend. i remember i cried at her freakin bridal shower for god sake. we were 2 peas in a pod. i kinda miss the good ol days but am proud of her for all shes become now. yuv yous gocki!