Tuesday, July 24, 2007

There's Never Been A Better Song...

It's my all-time favorite song and Louis Armstrong does it best. It always makes me remember what a wonderful life I have...

I see trees of green,
red roses too
I see them bloom
for me and you
And I think to myself:
"What a wonderful world!"

I see skies of blue
and clouds of white
The bright blessed day,
the dark sacred night
And I think to my self:
"What a wonderful world!"

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands
saying "How do you do."
They really say: "I love you!"

I hear babies crying
I watch them grow
They'll learn much more
than I'll ever know
And I think to myself:
"What a wonderful world!"
Yes, I think to myself:"What a wonderful world!"

4 comments:

kate said...

How 'bout "Zippidy Doo Dah"? And there are a few from The Sound of Music that are pretty great. But I agree with you: there's just nothin' better than ol' Louis Armstrong doing "What a Wonderful World". If that song doesn't get to ya, you have a black hole where your heart is supposed to be. :)

Linda said...

Yep, that one is the best ever!
And my new theme song, the one I really associate with now is, "I Did It My Way" by Frank Sinatra.

And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, Ill say it clear,
Ill state my case, of which Im certain.

Ive lived a life thats full.
Ive traveled each and evry highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, Ive had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, Im sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it my way.

Ive loved, Ive laughed and cried.
Ive had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
No, oh no not me,
I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way!

Linda said...

OK, that last one was from me, Lala, but since I made "Girls Going Green", blogspot has decided that I have 3 names. Let's see if I fixed it.

Linda said...

yep, I guess so.